Best approach for a expanding pool of blood?

Netvudu

Hey

The feeling I have against using a SDF solution to this problem is the resolution u are going to need to achieve any detail,

ie if the blood is Not flat, then your sdf cube will have it if its dripping from any height.

I also found that the sdf lost a little bit of volume.

What about using particle fluids (SPH) with a higher viscocity ?

:blink:

You can paint friction on the groundplane or paint force vectors on a geometry which is used with a Field Force DOP to encourage the fluid to flow in the direction you want.

Now that is interesting, I have managed to use paint before to define where I would like particle emissions. Would it be simple as painting $CR and then having the field force read that value ?

Please do tell Jason !

How about some good 'ol pops with ground collisions/force objects and interact pop? Keep emitting particles to keep the pool growing and use collisions/forces to steer it. Fluids are great for 'fluids'.. if you need to precisely control the effect it's probably easier done with pops; and you'll be able to do more iterations. You could even draw some curves for the blood particles to follow.. attrib transfering the curve tanget to particle velocity.. just some ideas.