connect closest points

bareja

Hi guys,

I need to connect closest points, I've created simple volume, then i've used scatter sop on it. To get closest points i've used popnet. Emit particles from source(number_of_scatter_points*$FPS) and proximity pop, to get closest point, now i'm wondering how to connect that points using add sop. Is it possible ? or maybe i must use foreach sop ?

Please help.

Edited by bareja

Hi guys,

I need to connect closest points, I've created simple volume, then i've used scatter sop on it. To get closest points i've used popnet. Emit particles from source(number_of_scatter_points*$FPS) and proximity pop, to get closest point, now i'm wondering how to connect that points using add sop. Is it possible ? or maybe i must use foreach sop ?

Please help.

It depends what you're after. If you need to surface particles, go Eward's way. If not, create a group of closed particles (for example with PartitionSOP and some of shared attributes like parent, numproximity etc), you just need to group them all. Then with wild card in AddSOP (group_*), and "Each Group Separetly", you can create one prim per group.

The thing is to keep right points in groups.

sie ma,

skk.

Edited by SYmek

Maybe buiding convex curve around that points is the way to go. Edward I vaguely remember you compiled long time ago a sop node which did something similar. It was in for H9.1 ( I can't find it at the moment). Assuming that was you is it possible to make an update? Btw. it would be super cool if you remember where you grabed the source code from?

thanks

kuba