New SideFX community

Stremik

Man, this is hillarious! :D No matter how they try, they just cant keep their promices. Remember tha image that has been posted on SideFX's Community page? It sayed "Bes hure to come back on july 21"

Well, july 21 has been crossed out and july 22 is now the "Hot date".

Something tells me, we will see more of that.

it's good to see they are getting it together but i don't think i saw one new tutorial on there. all the learning aids are from prior releases. doesn't exactly come across too well for people looking into houdini for the first time. maybe i missed some?

the other thing is i can't even find the archives for the mailing list - the link on odforce hasn't updated the archives for nearly a year!! i recall using that well before i even touched/saw/used houdini - just to investigate discussions on things i was curious about and found it extremely helpful....actually got me using it in the environment i am in now!!

betty

the other thing is i can't even find the archives for the mailing list

I'm not shure but maybe this is the way to retreve the postings from mailing list?

Quoted from SideFX website

Archives and Digest:

Sometimes traffic on this list can become quite heavy. One way exists to receive each individual message as it is posted to the list.

By setting the mail option "digest," postings will be batched and sent to you in a single message. Set this option with the following procedure: send an email message to: sidefx-houdini-list-digest-request@sidefx.com

Your message must contain the following text on a single line in the body: subscribe

"Digest" lists are mailed approximately once per 24 hours.

mmmm..that gives me the impression that all the days (24hrs) posts will be mailed to you in one go rather than have them filter through as they come. i'm thinking of searching for things in posts that have come and gone over the last few months.

i just tried it now - can't get it going...

anyway we'll see how it goes, i suppose the more forums there are the better