any sample light shaders( vex ) in Houdini

kensonuken

I found couple of shaders in surface shaders but couldnt get the light shaders and how do I use the light shaders in Houdini? in general the geometry node has a path in which we can give the name of the SHOP but how about lights? anyway to tweak in the existing lights in Houdini or any other workflow?

I found couple of shaders in surface shaders but couldnt get the light shaders and how do I use the light shaders in Houdini? in general the geometry node has a path in which we can give the name of the SHOP but how about lights? anyway to tweak in the existing lights in Houdini or any other workflow?

You can add the "shop_lightpath" (Light Shader) or the "shop_shadowpath" (Shadow Shader) properties to any light source. These shaders will then be used instead of using the parameters on the light source to build a shader string.

Lights shaders are built by "light wranglers" ( http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/SohoWranglers ), so it's possible to build your own light asset too.

There's a little more information http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/LightObject9 there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

crunch already told you what to do which is to add the two properties mentioned in his above post to the Light.

In the top right corner of the parameters, there is a Gear icon. Click on it, select Edit Rendering Parameters..., in the ensuing dialog, you can type in "shop_" in the left column's Filter parameter, expand the Mantra 9.5 > Shaders folder, select the two properties & click on the "->" arrow button. Now you can assign your shader to the Light Object.

Cheers!

steven