z brush to houdini

hi,

could please someone update the wikientry for the zbrush houdini workflow to current versions (H10 and Zbrush3) ore give me little explanation.

I coudnt find the right commands in z brush for example "addaptive" in tools a.s.o.

would be great if someone could help me out

thanks a lot

greets

HT

hey,

i have good results with 32bit, adaptive disp maps (smoothed).beeing new to houdini, i was really surprised by how good mantra renders displacement. (dont forget to adjust the dicing of your geometry)

hope this helps.

(the only thing i coulnt find out is how to mix a bump with the disp so i layered the bump in ps into the disp maps, until i understand the vex stuff better :)

Edited by theflu

hi,

thanks for the tips but my problems are more on the z bruh side...may you can give me some tips how to setup and export the displacementmaps in z brush for houdini

thx

hey,

in zbrush under the tool palette, theres a displacement tab. so if your model has got uvs, put the resolution to your desired size 2or 4k maybe, press adaptive, and smoothuvs and hit create map. then go to alpha menue, your created map will be there, hit the DE options, there your can enter a quick code, you find them on zbrushcentral, i entered the code i also use for vray in c4d thats 32 bit Greyscale: DE-JCGK-EACADA-4D_D32

then i export the map. and it works very nice for me in mantra, hope this will help you.

ulf

Edited by theflu