editSOP in 10?

Hey,

Sorry for the lame-ish email here but I'm modeling away in H10 now... don't ask why but I'm doing it... so I find myself pressing "s" and "t" to select points then translate...rinse repeat..rinse repeat.. which is getting a bit repetitive after awhile.

I thought this was a secure selection thang, but that is off so I'm wondering.. is this the "new" behavior? I don't mind, just have to train my fingers for the pressing of the keys...

thoughts?

-k

Hi kenny,

The translate handle should remain when you pick new points. Is it not?

nope.

I go to the model .. do a TAB edit and select points. then hit t. when I'm done... I want to just select more points and keep on going.

but I have to use 's' again then 't' and so on.

I hate to ask such a lame question...as it sounds like a lame "preference" problem but I checked the use secure selection option and it is off.

thanks for the response... i was watching the thread and felt sad it took 48 views.. but only one response (sigh).

-k

I go to the model .. do a TAB edit and select points. then hit t.

For me, the 't' part isn't necessary. As soon as I select a point, the translate handle pops up and the Edit node is laid down.

It shouldn't be a preferences issue, since the defaults work like Michael described, edit- actually no need for the 't' there either, new selections automatically get a handle. Maybe try deleting the houdini10 preferences folder and see if that fixes things. If that doesn't work, you could try a different build.

Edited by DaJuice