SOP local variables != attributes?

Say I have a point attribute called foo, shouldn't I be able to access that in expressions with $FOO? Some local variables like $TX work but I can't access some of the other attributes. How can I access those point attributes in an expression? I've looked through the documents and messed around but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help!

If you have created foo through an Attribute Create node the variable is automatically mapped, a single-channel attribute will be $FOO, a three-channel attribute will be referenced with $FOO1, $FOO2, $FOO3 and a vector can be called by $FOOX, $FOOY, $FOOZ. If you have created foo through a parameter node in a VOPSOP the variable will not be mapped automatically, likewise with attributes coming out of a POPnet. In the case of a VOPSOP you can use Add Attribute instead but you doo need to type in FOO in the local variable field. Coming out of POPS you can use an Attribute Create node set to the name of the attribute you want to map but with Write Values turned off, this will map the variable but not affect the values. Does that help?

Say I have a point attribute called foo, shouldn't I be able to access that in expressions with $FOO? Some local variables like $TX work but I can't access some of the other attributes. How can I access those point attributes in an expression? I've looked through the documents and messed around but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 1

Some guidelines:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=11090

hey Luke ! Cheating on realflow I see :) Welcome to the club.

-ranxx