Instance Lights

Try that but it doesn't work.

What did was to created a grid for the points and a grid for a floor. Then I created a point light, inside my grid instance object I dropped a point SOP with the instance option pointing the point light. So on my grid points instance geometry I added a point instance option and rendered the scene and nothing.

What I also wanted to know is how can I use a light to be an instance object and let the main light not to interfere with the illumination of the scene.

what can I be doing wrong?

Edited by tomhanks

try this..

Try that but it doesn't work.

What did was to created a grid for the points and a grid for a floor. Then I created a point light, inside my grid instance object I dropped a point SOP with the instance option pointing the point light. So on my grid points instance geometry I added a point instance option and rendered the scene and nothing.

What I also wanted to know is how can I use a light to be an instance object and let the main light not to interfere with the illumination of the scene.

what can I be doing wrong?

instancelights.hipnc

just turn off Light Enabled checkbox on the main light, it will not affect the instances, but will turn off the main light

and just for the future, you can sometimes get faster answers if you just use search function in the forums

Thank you!

I´ll try to use the search harder next time.

For some reason light instancing didn't work least in the version that I have installed which is the 10.249, so I´ve updated to the last one and it worked.

Thanks again.

Edited by tomhanks