varomix rigging machine

varomix

Hi guys

Well I've been doing a lot of rigging this past months, and I finally decided I wanted to specialize, so far I've done everything under the sun and now I wanna center on Creature/Character TD, I love it more and more every day.

Houdini is a great app for rigging, so many way to do stuff, so I'm starting to make some serious tools that I do every time I rig, make that HDAs in houdini so my rigging is faster, this are not gonna be auto rigging tools, more like modular pieces to rig anything.

So I'm starting with this limb piece, useful for arm and tight twisting parts, also is stretchy, and has controls to bend it

Limb Video @ vimeo

This will eventually evolve to a cartoony spine also

At the end I wanna make something like the Character Development Kit in Softimage(CDK)

is an awesome way to rig just about anything.

hope you guys like it, but mostly, what I hope for is feedback, comments, suggestions etc

thank you

Edited by varomix

Hi guys

Well I've been doing a lot of rigging this past months, and I finally decided I wanted to specialize, so far I've done everything under the sun and now I wanna center on Creature/Character TD, I love it more and more every day.

Houdini is a great app for rigging, so many way to do stuff, so I'm starting to make some serious tools that I do every time I rig, make that HDAs in houdini so my rigging is faster, this are not gonna be auto rigging tools, more like modular pieces to rig anything.

So I'm starting with this limb piece, useful for arm and tight twisting parts, also is stretchy, and has controls to bend it

Limb Video @ vimeo

This will eventually evolve to a cartoony spine also

At the end I wanna make something like the Character Development Kit in Softimage(CDK)

is an awesome way to rig just about anything.

hope you guys like it, but mostly, what I hope for is feedback, comments, suggestions etc

thank you

Hi,

I haven't seen your vimeo video just yet, will do after this. Can I give a suggestion regarding HCDK? If you open to it, would it be possible to develop HCDK in collaboration (open sourced) style? I did some rigging script in XSI before, combining several design methodologies to create a flexible and fast rig. I ended up customizing the default rig with CDK and 3dquakers rigging styles. I also scripted a facial rigging tool, borrowed heavily from online tutorials by Mike Malinowski using spline to drive nulls and facial controls, plus automatically creating a Jason Osipa's facial control interface. I just got my Houdini license and in the middle of setting up the environment to migrate my tools from other apps to Houdini.

best regards,

Faizol

Edited by Faizol

Hi,

I haven't seen your vimeo video just yet, will do after this. Can I give a suggestion regarding HCDK? If you open to it, would it be possible to develop HCDK in collaboration (open sourced) style? I did some rigging script in XSI before, combining several design methodologies to create a flexible and fast rig. I ended up customizing the default rig with CDK and 3dquakers rigging styles. I also scripted a facial rigging tool, borrowed heavily from online tutorials by Mike Malinowski using spline to drive nulls and facial controls, plus automatically creating a Jason Osipa's facial control interface. I just got my Houdini license and in the middle of setting up the environment to migrate my tools from other apps to Houdini.

best regards,

Faizol

Hi Faizol

I just recently explored in depth the XSI CDK and I love the idea, that why I'm doing this project.

Yes everything will be open :D , I just setup a project on googlecode,

http://code.google.com/p/hcdk/

I'll really like to see people join in, community effort. :D

Anyone else that has suggestions, features, comments etc, please let me know

I already released the alpha of the Bone Proxy geo tool, for now, I'm gonna try to keep everything on a shelf file for delivery, and also upload the python scripts as separate files for developing.

l8r

Edited by varomix

Hi Faizol

I just recently explored in depth the XSI CDK and I love the idea, that why I'm doing this project.

Yes everything will be open :D , I just setup a project on googlecode,

http://code.google.com/p/hcdk/

I'll really like to see people join in, community effort. :D

Anyone else that has suggestions, features, comments etc, please let me know

I already released the alpha of the Bone Proxy geo tool, for now, I'm gonna try to keep everything on a shelf file for delivery, and also upload the python scripts as separate files for developing.

l8r

This is a great news. How to sign up for the project? Maybe you can decide on the roadmap first, combining several methodologies and do the concept abstractions to properly architect the framework? I am interested to join in the project. Let me know of how I can help.

Best Regards,

Faizol

• 5 months later...