matte shading texture alpha

hi,

hope you ca help me out with the followig issue...

id like to render a textured grid as a matte. the material of the grid has an alphamask in the opacitychannel and this alpha should act as my matte...

"matte shading" in the geometry properties only gives me the matte of the grid itself not of its texture-alpha...

what exactly happens when "matte shading" is checked ? is it possible to combine that function with an opacitymap within a shader?

thx

HT

Edited by hatrick

So I do not recall what check box you are actually hitting, but can't you just use the the constant material shader from the material tab to apply your alpha and color to get a "matte" no-diffuse/lighting pass. It doesn't answer your question, of what happens from the check box, but hopefully it derives the solution you are looking for, because it seems like you are just doing a baked UV wire-frame render, am I wrong? I easily could be... it's the end of a Friday night...

Edited by LaidlawFX

the matteshadin substracts the alpha of one object from the alpha of another object deeper in z ... kind of intersection.... basicly exactly what i wanna do but without texture ore shader-opacity information...so still same probleme here

thx

the matteshadin substracts the alpha of one object from the alpha of another object deeper in z ... kind of intersection.... basicly exactly what i wanna do but without texture ore shader-opacity information...so still same probleme here

thx

I'm kind of confused with what you are asking. I rendered out these two copy stamped balls because I needed a visual, so do you want to be able to see through the back side of objects or not? and is this for texture space or like a z-depth channel for compositing? I could be completely wrong. A sketched out visual could help me.

Can see backside of objects

post-5070-127576416486_thumb.png

Can't see backside of objects

post-5070-127576418437_thumb.png

hi,

hope you ca help me out with the followig issue...

id like to render a textured grid as a matte. the material of the grid has an alphamask in the opacitychannel and this alpha should act as my matte...

"matte shading" in the geometry properties only gives me the matte of the grid itself not of its texture-alpha...

what exactly happens when "matte shading" is checked ? is it possible to combine that function with an opacitymap within a shader?

thx

HT

Connect texture alpha to Of (opacity) and set Cf and Af to 0. Matte shading does just that, it forces mantra to evaluate only Of variable in a shader- leaving Cf as black and Af as 0.

• Like 2