Word Wrap

Maybe it's my Linux-based Netscape being generally brain-dead, but all the messages show up with incredibly long lines (~128 chars.). This is not the case when actually typing the message as that window adjusts the wrap to the browser window.

Any way to force a more realistic word-wrap length to the displayed messages?

Hi guys

I think its something to do with the style sheets used on the forum. I'll try to find out whats causing it.

It happens on my netcrappy4.7 too. Can I suggest trying Opera for the moment and see if it works? Or alternatively is there an upgrade for netscape on Linux? I know 7.0 is pretty cool..

Anyway, I'll get back to you on this.

Marc

theres also mozilla 1.1 to try.

I'm deciding whether or not its worth supporting netscape4.7. It used to be the best thing out there, but its so outdated now that it may be time to take a stand.

There was a time when I thought "yeah, but what about the poor *nix users out there?", but now there are three other choices of browsers. Opera even supports solaris.. :)

Anyway, I'll continue to look around, but I'm not entirely sure how much I can do.

l8r

Marc

:ph34r:

yeah.

The main problem with it is its CSS support. This board takes full advantage of CSS1, and all browsers newer than netscape4.7 support it just fine.

It is almost over 4 years old anyway (or somewhere around there). :rolleyes:

Thats like still tryingto use a pentiumII to do stuff with :). ouch.

My personal choice is Mozilla. It's faster than both IE & (old) Netscape on my machine, free, and has nifty features like the ability to not loop animated gifs, disabling just pop up windows in javascript, custom sites to block images from.

dante

It is almost over 4 years old anyway (or somewhere around there).  :rolleyes:

Thats like still tryingto use a pentiumII to do stuff with :). ouch.

Hey Marc,

Sounds like you're describing my computer & I!!! :lol:

Yep, still using Netscape 4.79 on my ol' trusty dual PII 350Mhz PC. B)

Houdini too! :o

I agree with Dante that Mozilla is really good, better than Netscape 7.0. Everyone should try it. :)