Skittles Cloud

JP Shep

This was my first vfx shot I did all myself.  I made it with a cloud rig with a particle system inside.  I still need to re-render the skittles out with motionblur and do some more work on the cloud.

Did you shoot an HDRi on location? It would help integrate it more into the shot. Also shadows casted on the ground :)

I've never eaten a skittle in my life, but I doubt they would bounce that much. Try dropping a few and see how they behave, and replicate that motion.

On 5/20/2016 at 6:28 PM, Skybar said:

Did you shoot an HDRi on location? It would help integrate it more into the shot. Also shadows casted on the ground :)

I've never eaten a skittle in my life, but I doubt they would bounce that much. Try dropping a few and see how they behave, and replicate that motion.

I did shoot an HDRI.  Funny thing is that I did buy a bag of skittles and try dropping them to try to replicate it. People looked at me and thought I was crazy.

Another thing I want to eventually try is creating a more realistic cloud. I used a cloud rig and animated the noise on it to fake its motion.

In addition I need to re-render with motion blur.

Edited by JP Shep