Odforce Url Icon

well it's def not the icons.. i just tested all 3 of them and they all work.. and the odforce home page's source looks fine too.. here's a test:

Icon Test

so i don't know what's going on.. maybe a mistype? "icons/odforce2.ico" doesn't really exist maybe?

....actually i just checked... it doesn't... :)

holy crap that's weird.

If I goto the /icons directory through my browser then it shows me a directory that doesn't exist on the server.... well, I can't find it anyway. (ie doing an ls on the icons directory on the server doesn't list what the browser does).

However if I rename it then it's fine... very odd. Must be an apache thing.

anyway, it's working now. Not sure if the icon works though....

M

Cool. Just saw it in the main page (it doesn't show up when you go to the forum page). Nice. The only tiny thing I'll mention (just because it happened even before I realized what I was looking at) is that, at that tiny scale, a capital 'D' looks mighty close to a capital 'O'. So I instinctively read "OO" and the arrow didn't register at all. Again, this happened immediately, not after looking and analyzing...

Maybe, if you want to stick with that logo, you might want to consider changing the 'D' to a 'd' (?)

... and I agree that a cross of the two might be the ticket.

Nice work getting it there though :)

Cheers!

is that, at that tiny scale, a capital 'D' looks mighty close to a capital 'O'. So I instinctively read "OO"

this is actually what happened to me when i first made my design that originally had an "OD" in it.. i kept seeing "OO" at 16x16..

Again, this happened immediately, not after looking and analyzing...

yea, but see, i think that's where these things are most successful...logo's are cool like that.. how much they can affect something/someone.. well just branding in general for that much..

anyways.. i'll see if i can find time this weekend to play with some kind of hybrid.. would be cool to see if crunch or anyone else can come up with something as well..

maybe we could even get enough selections for an odforce icon poll :lol:

alright.. a couple more to add to the list.. i figured i'd wait to hear feedback from them before making ico's.. if you like something about them, but want something changed, then just let me know.. if you don't like them at all, then just let me know.. :)

version A:

post-505-1116357757_thumb.jpg

version B:

post-505-1116357768_thumb.jpg

16x16 versions side by side against 75% grey:

post-505-1116357774.jpg

okie dokie.. i made a few different transparency options off of 'b'..

100x100's to see what exactly is going on:

A. B. C. D. E.

post-505-1116441221_thumb.jpg

16x16's for actual viewing size:

post-505-1116441229.jpg

mario: i tried my hardest to get one of those puppies in there, but alas, no luck.. a real shame too because that last one was killer.. nearly died laughing at that one.. :)

let me know what you all think..

thanks everybody..

cool.. C it is then.. :)

here's the ico..

odforce_icon.ico

thanks for all your input everybody.. this was actually kind of fun.. i miss designing at times.. and, of course, i'm looking forward to seeing it so I can have a sexy bookmark toolbar that's now complete with icons.. ;)

thanks all