Velocity Grid Exporter doesn't work on Particle Sim

Sedatyf

Hi ! 

I was trying to do some Vector Field or Velocity Grid for Unreal. And during my research, many forums redirected me on the asset Velocity Grid Exporter by Benny Yang on Orbolt. 
That's an amazing tool but it doesn't work on H15.5 with Particle Simulation. I don't know why, I tried to look through the code, but I can't see what's wrong. 

Do I make a mistake in using it ? Is there another solution to export Vector Field or Velocity Grid to Unreal ? 
Any help is welcome ! 

Cheers,

Gaël.

Edited by Sedatyf

I just tried the example file, which is a particle simulation, and it produced a text file with numbers contained inside.

Perhaps Unreal has changed the format and this data is no longer recognized when you import it?

I am unsure what you mean by it isn't working? Benny Yangs asset exports out an .fga file. Is it not exporting that format for you? Does it error out trying to export that? If it does export, are you having trouble importing inside Unreal? Too many questions that need to be answered.

If you are having issues importing fga files into Unreal: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Creating_Vector_Fields_(Tutorial)#Importing_an_.FGA_File_into_UE4