Animating mantra shader not working?

Hey guys,

I'm new to mantra, made a material and I'm trying to animate, for example changing te offset on the noise or the displacement amount, but seems not having effect (i'm renering in mplay), also tried promoting parameters with no luck.

Displacement says: cannot have channels wich depend on time

Also Im trying to get the artifacts out, added some dicing to geo node as well as in rop, should I increase more?

Thanks!

mantra.jpg

mantratestanim.hipnc

• Like 1

I deleted your DisplaceAlongNormals and added a new one to take it's place. I promoted the Scale parameter and went up one level and animated that promoted parameter. It seemed to work, I got different displacements at different times inside the RenderView. When I dive inside the material I don't see the warning anymore.

Perhaps it is an order of operation?

• New node.
  • Promote.
  • Up one level.
  • Animate Promoted Parameter.
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 9:50 PM, Atom said:

I deleted your DisplaceAlongNormals and added a new one to take it's place. I promoted the Scale parameter and went up one level and animated that promoted parameter. It seemed to work, I got different displacements at different times inside the RenderView. When I dive inside the material I don't see the warning anymore.

Perhaps it is an order of operation?

• New node.
  • Promote.
  • Up one level.
  • Animate Promoted Parameter.

Tried and working, thanks again!