Best GPU for Render man and vray /stand alone

ISUther

Due the fact that Houdini base render is mantra (cpu) based and lack of high speed multi core cpu-s in market
I have started to think to go with vray and render man. 
Vray has stand alone version also. 
So do not have to use mantra. 
This means heavy multi core and thread is not so mandatory. 
I dislike the Xeon processors cause the clock is too LOW and price is too high. 
So i am thinking to getting x99 board but what gpu to get in to SLI?
What do you recommend?

• 11 months later...

I recommend you to go for a workstation machine that is also supported by any processor other than zeon like HP Workstation Z Series or Dell PowerEdge series. By this, you will have an option to install any processor like C i7, or i5 of your choice. These machines are also dual processor supported so there is a plus point. After this, a GPU like Quadro will be great for Vray, Maya, Houdini etc, with turbo rendering, processing, animations, etc. This formula is followed by most 3D designers, animation experts, logo designer , game designers also... Also, it is very cost effective,

On 4/6/2017 at 2:49 PM, ISUther said:

lack of high speed multi core cpu-s in market

What? There are tons of options out there.

I dislike the Xeon processors cause the clock is too LOW and price is too high.

This is a moot point with the dynamic frequency scaling (Intel calls it Turbo). I regularly see above 3.0GHz on 2.2GHz chips when in "Turbo" mode for single threaded tasks.

What do you recommend?

Mantra is one of the best renderers out there and there are many great CPU options that are reasonably priced. I think you're writing it off too easily and not really doing the research. If you must use a different renderer I'd do more research on them and really look at all the costs involved. GPU renderers look nice until you add up the cost of multiple high end GPU along with software license costs. These days a single GTX 1080 Ti is going for $1,200 because of crypto currency mining craze. Add up a few of those and now you can get some pretty freaking sweet processors for that kind of money.