Attribute transfer with alembic animation and simulation stopped working

min_cheung12

Hello, I am a third year animation student starting vfx. I have a simple disintegration animation for my major project that I have done on a sphere and now I need to transfer it to a hand animation that I have done in Maya and cached into an Alembic. As the animation and FBX camera export start at frame 1671, I changed the simulation to start on that frame. However, the simulation has stopped working and I'm not sure if I have transferred the effect correctly. 

I have provided the files, thank you! 

shot16.abc

shot16.fbx

I have provided new files! I managed to get the sphere to swap with the hand but the effect doesn't work still? It doesn't become smoke and disintegrate 

infect_point_Scene16.hipnc

Edited by min_cheung12
New file versions

Make a static version of your hand geo at origin and do your effect on that, and transfer it to the animated geo with a point deform node?

I opened your file last night and it wasn't even working after importing your alembic, I'll maybe try again later.

Well the scene with that arm is 100 times bigger than your test scene with the sphere. that's why all those values for volumes etc don't work. have a look at the attached file (I did not scale it down, but I recommend you do, right after the alembic node) and jump to frame 1680, let it cook and see if the result is kinda what you're after. 
Also I would go with a pyro sim with those points as source instead of those SOPs.

Disintergration_hand_003.hipnc

Edited by 3dome
forgot file