Bind stamp in to VOPnoise

Hello all,

I'm modeling some tentacle creature and ran into a problem. I don't know how to stamp attribute into the VOP sop and use it to drive turbulent noise to randomise shapes for every copied tentacle. Then i want to copy that tactically geometry again and randomise tentacle shape and/or animation.

I have tried to just bind stamp("../../copy" , "id", 0) into the vop and connect it to Offset of the Noise, but for some reason, Houdini just stuck in the loop.

Please see .hip below. I feel like it is something obvious, but I cant see it. Please advice

StampinVop.hip

Edited by andrejklimov

1 hour ago, ThomasPara said:

Stamping is now obsolete, and the new method is to use "for each loop" for varying copys. http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/copy/tutorial_stamping.html

Thank you for the link Thomas.

Based on the description it is exactly what I would like to do, but how do i bring "point("../foreach_begin2", 0, "id", 0)" function into VOP to control my noise?

15 hours ago, chrisdunham95 said:

If you promote whichever vop parameter your trying to copy stamp, then outside the vop, the parameter will become available and you can place your copy stamp function into it :)

Hello Chris ,

Thank you for joining the brain teaser. Could you check out my .hip file? What I would like to do is to randomize my Turbulent noise inside the pointVOP with the point attribute from the other side of the copy sop "id".

3 hours ago, andrejklimov said:

Hello Chris ,

Thank you for joining the brain teaser. Could you check out my .hip file? What I would like to do is to randomize my Turbulent noise inside the pointVOP with the point attribute from the other side of the copy sop "id".

Hey Andrej,

Take a look at what ive done, think it was what you were after :) (added a small sticky note with what I added/did also)

StampinVop_cd_fix.hip