emit particles from pyro sim

nicoladanese

hey!

I'd like to emit particles from a pyro sim, sort of a embers effect, so basically emit from areas where temperature is higher than a specific treshold. I'm using a volume VOP to bind the temperature, then a compare and a switch to use 0 where temperature is lower than and 1 where temperature is higher than the treshold. Now I don't really know hot to use this information to emit particles...I tried to map that on the density and maybe convert to a surface but no luck so far...

extract_hotter_areas.png

17 hours ago, hindukush said:

You may do something like advect the particles from the fluid and then give them incandescence and alpha only when the fluid reach the value transferring  them the attribute you whant to use...is more like it would happen in reality...

Hope make sense...

H.

it does make sense! just looks a little too complicated...how would you approach? I mean I'm looking right now into emitting embers from the same source as the fire, then drive the particles with the velocity field from the pyro sim, you are talking about transferring opacity and incandescence from pyro to the particles based on proximity?

Here is my integration of the advect example from the above link integrated into your test embers scene. It is a basic pop net that is driven by the changing volumes from the pyro sim. I have added some post popnet processing where I remove some of the younger particles as an attempt to keep only those older embers that might appear on the edge of a fire. But feel free to change up the processing of the points as needed.

ap_advect_embers_v001.hiplc

untitled-1.jpg