FLIP Collision and behaviours

Mozzarino

Hello,
I come from a Realflow background where you adjust the collision settings like roughness and bounce within the menus of the object of collision.
In houdini there are 2 places where I see the same settings, and I don't know if both of them affect the simulation (if not, then wich one?):

FLIP Object -> Properties -> Physical.
Static Object -> Physical.

In Realflow there was a parameter that easily let me escalate the intensity of the collisions, meaning that some objects would create bigger disturbance and higher splashes (not affecting the global forces on the scene).
In Houdini I thought the equivalent was Velocity Scale on collisions, and I tried to change the value to 0 only to find out that not much changed in the splashes generated by the collisions... Any idea how to achieve this difference in intensity?

Thanks

Edited by diogomgf
Forgot one question.

14 minutes ago, diogomgf said:

Hello,
I come from a Realflow background where you adjust the collision settings like roughness and bounce within the menus of the object of collision.
In houdini there are 2 places where I see the same settings, and I don't know if both of them affect the simulation (if not, then wich one?):

FLIP Object -> Properties -> Physical.
Static Object -> Physical.

best thing to do is make a basic scene and do bunch of wedges with changing those parameters.

But to answer question. Physical parameters for static object is for static one. as you can have more than one static object in scene with different bounce and so on. And flip physical properties are for the flip. If I`m not mistaken.

Cheers

Janis