Freeze Particles In Space

Damo

Hi,

If I have an emitter which emits from frame 1 to frame 50 and the animation continues to frame 100, but I want all the active particles to freeze at frame 50 in a state of 'suspended animation' how would I achieve this?

Thanks

Hi,

If I have an emitter which emits from frame 1 to frame 50 and the animation continues to frame 100, but I want all the active particles to freeze at frame 50 in a state of 'suspended animation' how would I achieve this?

Thanks

Im very new to houdini, but from what i understand you can make a vex op. If time > 50 then V=0,0,0

Actually killing the velocity is way to harsh but it would work.

The proper method is to use particle states with the State POP. To put a particle in suspended animation, first put it in to a group with an expression then put down a State POP and reference that group containing particles you want to stop, enable STOP and set it to 0.

See the example file and read the comments on the POPs as to how I like to manage the particle stop state.

stop_state_example.hip

• 8 years later...