Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo

Freeze Particles In Space

Hi,

If I have an emitter which emits from frame 1 to frame 50 and the animation continues to frame 100, but I want all the active particles to freeze at frame 50 in a state of 'suspended animation' how would I achieve this?

Thanks

Hi,

If I have an emitter which emits from frame 1 to frame 50 and the animation continues to frame 100, but I want all the active particles to freeze at frame 50 in a state of 'suspended animation' how would I achieve this?

Thanks

Im very new to houdini, but from what i understand you can make a vex op. If time > 50 then V=0,0,0

Actually killing the velocity is way to harsh but it would work.

The proper method is to use particle states with the State POP. To put a particle in suspended animation, first put it in to a group with an expression then put down a State POP and reference that group containing particles you want to stop, enable STOP and set it to 0.

See the example file and read the comments on the POPs as to how I like to manage the particle stop state.

stop_state_example.hip

yeah stop is what you want. Killing the velocity will cause other problems down the line.

can any one tell me how to to do this in the new pop dop?

there is no pop state node in there any more

Edited by newbee

5 hours ago, newbee said:

can any one tell me how to to do this in the new pop dop?

there is no pop state node in there any more

if(@age > 1)
    i@stopped = 1; 

2 people like this