HOT1.0 for Ubuntu 64

Nico D.

Thanks, I ran ./compile.sh and everything linked up fine and I received no errors this time. Everything works in Houdini as well.

I have one question though. It's not really related to HOT, but I'm getting an undefined symbol output with anything I compile using hcustom. _ZTV9GU_Node17getVariableStringEiR9UT_String. Even the example SOP_Star.so causes this to appear, although it doesn't appear to be causing any harm.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'll try and post some images if I can get anything decent looking.

Thats good to hear. I also see the problem you mention, hopefully it will get fixed in the next stable release. Out of interest which platform are you using ?

-Drew

Thanks, I ran ./compile.sh and everything linked up fine and I received no errors this time. Everything works in Houdini as well.

I have one question though. It's not really related to HOT, but I'm getting an undefined symbol output with anything I compile using hcustom. _ZTV9GU_Node17getVariableStringEiR9UT_String. Even the example SOP_Star.so causes this to appear, although it doesn't appear to be causing any harm.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'll try and post some images if I can get anything decent looking.

Edited by eloop

• 5 months later...

I've updated the wiki to reflect the new src, just to save anyone else going through all the steps before finding this thread :).

If I get the 9.5.241 linux build working then I'll put it up there (Centos5.2)

Cheers

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Varomix,

It looks like a problem with your compiler / system setup, fstream etc are all standard c++ include files and should be present. Can you try and compile SOP_Star.C from the toolkit examples using hcustom and check that it's working ok ?

-Drew

Hi

I'm trying to compile this fro ubuntu 64 and I get a bunch of errors

this is a part of the errors

the rest is in the text file

/opt/H9.5/toolkit/include/SYS/fpreal16.h:236: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before