Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'simple'.
Hello peeps! This is a fun project created using Houdini, so hopefully it ain't against the rules! Vancouver had a snowmageddon last week, and I thought it was the time to make snow ducks! I whipped up this simple mould inside Houdini, got it 3d printed and BAM! Ice ducks! There's some improvements to be made - the joint that aligns both halves of the mold fills up with snow really easily, and they need to be kept clear in order for both halves to form a perfect seal. I think instead of using a half ball with its matching negative space, a cylinder matches with a through hole would allow the snow to pass through, and the cylinder would resist the moulds sliding out sideways. The head was also difficult to form - the ice kept sticking to the mould. Perhaps a coating of polyurethane or even just sanding the insides would help with that. The ducks themselves are a rubber duck model I got off thingiverse, converted to vdb then back to a mesh, sculpted that mesh in sops to remove undercuts, and finally I used the boolean sop to create the empty areas. The final snow duck is about 12cm tall, and the moulds themselves are printed with abs filament. It took about 12 hours for this print using a 0.4mm nozzle. I hope you found this interesting!
I've been trying to engineer this effect that I found in this video, timestamp 19:01. I think I understand everything but I can't figure out how to set up the CHOPs network in order to create this randomised resizing animation. The closest I could get was by animating the internal edges to move in the X-axis at the SOP level and then randomising them and offsetting them inside the CHOP network but they start to overlap each other and it's not as perfect as the initial example video. Any help would be much appreciated. GridShift-01.hiplc
I want to start spending an hour everyday to just explore simple stuff in Houdini. This will be areas I probably feel I lack a little understanding, as well as ideas I have had but never really executed. Hopefully some form of render will emerge from every little exercise that I do. Last night I had a quick dive into vellum and played around with some Cloth. Rendered in Redshift.
Heyya! Over the past couple of days I've been building and extending this, at it's core very simple, Noise generator tool. It's called, incredibly intuitively: Noiser. I've gotten quite sick of always doing the same simple Noise-VOP over and over again so I built this nifty tool that saves me a small but accumulating amount of time (and energy) every time I need some noise. I'm really fond of it and it rarely takes me more than a couple of minutes into any project that I drop it down. Here's a quick video demonstration: https://vimeo.com/271007816 And the DL: noiser.hda and a simple demo screen of the defaults: And that's the relatively simple setup. I hope someone else will find it as useful as I do! Cheers, Martin PS: I just found a volume-noise tool in my OTLs-folder, so I thought I'd just share this as well. Practically the same thing working for both SDFs and Volumes (VDB & Primitive). vol_noise.hda