Curve u parameter to attribute

peliosis

Is there a simple way to get curve u parameter to an attribute.

Easy as an expression like pathparam(string SOP, integer point number)?

This is just so basic I think I'm blind being unable to find it.

The value is present in a curve and is used in a few expressions but how to use it in a SOP?

i'm not sure if I understood You right, but what about adding a resampleSOP, set it to maximum Segments instead of Maximum Segment Length, to get a even distribution over the curve. set it to 8 segments or more, what fits to You and add a attributeCreateSOP with following expression : $PT/($NPT-1)

If you just want a u value for the existing point, you could add a UVTexture SOP in "Arc Length Spline" mode.

That should give you a sane uv[1] coordinate. If you want your own attribute for it, AttribCreate SOP with $MAPU in the Write Value field.

eetu.

• Like 1

Thanks you guys!

Eetu, it works great, thanks because I completely forgot it.

I tried UVtexture a while before and haven't even spotted the spline method so I dropped it :).

Sanostol It could be done with $PT/$NPT but the problem is in nr of splines in one object.

If there is one ok, but with more there arouse the problem with counting points in a single primitive and mapping pt numbers so that they begin from 0 in each prim.

I haven't found an easy way to do this. Could be some looping SOP but they are slow as hell. Vex or python would cope but it's definitely not as 1 click as texture SOP :D

i completly forgot the textureSOP, best way to do it

Thanks you guys!

Eetu, it works great, thanks because I completely forgot it.

I tried UVtexture a while before and haven't even spotted the spline method so I dropped it :).

Sanostol It could be done with $PT/$NPT but the problem is in nr of splines in one object.

If there is one ok, but with more there arouse the problem with counting points in a single primitive and mapping pt numbers so that they begin from 0 in each prim.

I haven't found an easy way to do this. Could be some looping SOP but they are slow as hell. Vex or python would cope but it's definitely not as 1 click as texture SOP :D