Demo Reel 2010

altbighead

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks very cool! I have some critique for the reel that can improve it since i know what we usually look after in reels here, if that is ok :)

First I think you should put the best of your work in the beginning of the reel, then save one of them as the last shot too. To have the best in the start is a necessary thing because many companies recruiters is very busy with other stuff too and might just give your reel 5-10 seconds glance and if they do not like those first seconds they will go "next" so they might not get to see the cool stuff which might would have got you the job.

Second I think there is a few shots that you should cut away from the reel that lowers the overall quality of it, remember you are as good as your worst job in the eyes of the ones seeing the reel so quality before quantity (cliche sentence by now, but its true). So if you ever doubt if you should put a thing in your reel or not, you already have the answer to the question: don't. To take example i find the car lightning study test does not hold up as a shot for only showing off lightning skills, and i think the reel would benefit from not having it there. Usually tests in general should be excluded in a reel if its not something off the chart awesome, like if it is a technically difficult test to show off your knowledge in certain areas in which case having the test in the reel will benefit you.

Hope i could be of some help, otherwise just ignore what i said :D

It looks very cool! I have some critique for the reel that can improve it since i know what we usually look after in reels here, if that is ok :)

First I think you should put the best of your work in the beginning of the reel, then save one of them as the last shot too. To have the best in the start is a necessary thing because many companies recruiters is very busy with other stuff too and might just give your reel 5-10 seconds glance and if they do not like those first seconds they will go "next" so they might not get to see the cool stuff which might would have got you the job.

Second I think there is a few shots that you should cut away from the reel that lowers the overall quality of it, remember you are as good as your worst job in the eyes of the ones seeing the reel so quality before quantity (cliche sentence by now, but its true). So if you ever doubt if you should put a thing in your reel or not, you already have the answer to the question: don't. To take example i find the car lightning study test does not hold up as a shot for only showing off lightning skills, and i think the reel would benefit from not having it there. Usually tests in general should be excluded in a reel if its not something off the chart awesome, like if it is a technically difficult test to show off your knowledge in certain areas in which case having the test in the reel will benefit you.

Hope i could be of some help, otherwise just ignore what i said :D

hey Magnus

I am listening and your point is taken.

I agree with you that i should polish some of my work and tighten up my reel .