Correct transparency rendering in viewport - possible?

Hi,

I just noticed that trying to view transparency on geometry in the viewport isn't really working, probably because of drawing order of the primitives.

I just wanted to know if there is any solution or a way around it. Or maybe I should sort the polys by their distance to the camera?

What Im trying to do is to build a kind of a "light table" or "onion skinning" asset to assist in animation, and I want the ghosts to be transparent.

Thanks.

The closest that you can get right now is to use a Primitive SOP and have it sort with respect to a camera object. This of course only works if one is looking through that particular camera in the viewport.

Well, it kind of works, but my idea is not practical, I think. The trail SOP leaves no attributes on the trails, so if I want changing opacity or color on the individual trails, I must use primitive groups with a name like:

g_$F, then use a python expression to use the group name for assigning the values in a Primitive SOP. This works, but it is very slow.

Thanks anyway.