is houdini bad for organic modeling?

is houdini bad for organic modeling? thats the word on the street... is that some people says... but what do you think?

also i would like to hear in which deparment you think houdini would need an improvement

Depends on what kind of organic modeling you need to do. If you want to model a character or creature, I personally would not want to use Houdini for this but that's just my opinion. However if you need to model a cave or riverbed, its nothing short of awesome.

Well I used to think Houdini modeling was terrible. The only reason I thought that was because I was used to the Maya modeling workflow. If you are migrating from another package, you really have to force yourself to sit down for a few hours and model something. There are some tools by SWANN that are really good for modeling that I would suggest you add to your library. For fine detail I would suggest using zbrush or mudbox because modeling is more intuitive in those applications. Some people use 3d coat as well, but I can't comment on that because I have yet to try it.