Curve on Mountain??

soham

Hi Guys,

Could anyone help me on how to create a poly curve on an uneven grid (say a mountain or a terrain) and the curve should displace(in Y axis) according to the height of the grid.

Many Thanks :)

Use the ray sop to "project" the points onto the grid.

ray.hip

You defeated me! :)

As mawi said, you have to use the RAY Sop.

I've used other SOPs too and the projected curve is animated, just to give you more material to work with.

If you want to create a project with Houdini, I strongly suggest you to plan every little thing, then moving on step after step, especially if you will work with its procedural modeling.

raySOPvsMountain.hipnc

Although Ray sop might be easier and better to use, but you can also use attribute transfer node,and create a new attribute from your terrain's $TY, and transfer it to your line points, and with a point sop or a vop sop change your $TY to the transferred attribute (whatever you called it, in my file it's called height).

curve_yposition.hip

Although Ray sop might be easier and better to use, but you can also use attribute transfer node,and create a new attribute from your terrain's $TY, and transfer it to your line points, and with a point sop or a vop sop change your $TY to the transferred attribute (whatever you called it, in my file it's called height).

You can also use "P" attribute directly in the point box of the Attribute Copy SOP. Then create a Point SOP after it. Connect the first input to your original line then connect the second input to Attribute Copy Sop. Then enter "$TY2" in the point SOP`s "$TY" box

Edited by kursad