menus popup under the mainInterface (windows)

Hi,

I'm running Houdini 11.0.755 on Windows7 64bit and have an annoying windows behaviour:

all popup menus (file picker etc.) appear under the houdini maininterface. I then need to alt-tab in order to select it and use it.

Platform: windows-x86_64-cl14

OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer: Quadro 4000/PCI/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 4.1.0

OpenGL Shading Language: 4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

If this is a known compatibility or settings issue, is there a workaround? it can be quite annoying :)

Thanks

P

yes I am, both houdini and the popup windows are on the main monitor though, the second monitor I keep for firefox etc.

I would bet there is an option somewhere, either in the nvidia properties or in houdini that would fix this though :(

Cheers

P

Are you by any chance using dual monitors? I have had some strange problems when using dual monitors and windows. Houdini haven't really been sure where to put the popup windows.

yes I am, both houdini and the popup windows are on the main monitor though, the second monitor I keep for firefox etc.

I would bet there is an option somewhere, either in the nvidia properties or in houdini that would fix this though :(

Cheers

P

What helped for us was too make sure that Houdini was running on the primary screen. Not necessarily the screen with the start menu but the screen set as primary in display settings.

What I mean is that main doesn't necessarily mean primary. So make sure it is.

Edited by Erik_JE