Is there a way to see all OP expression in a network?

magneto

Maybe something how like VOP network graphs look. But beyond seeing what parameter connects to what, also seeing the expressions so you have a better idea about the bigger picture.

When you just see them in the parameters pane linearly it takes more time to know what's going on, especially if the expressions are long.

If there is no view like this, I think it would be useful.

What do you guys think? ;)

'exls' expression?

If only there was an example on how to use it.

Never saw that one. What does it do? :)

There's two things that can help:

- Turn on show dependencies in the Network View display options (hit d with your mouse in it)

- Right-click on a node in the Network View and choose View Dependencies

Thanks Edward, I tried it, #2 works but I couldn't see a difference when I did #1. Is it the first option in the dependency tab? I would appreciate a screenshot to see how it looks with the options. I had attributes where I used them in a Point OP but when I turned on this option, nothing happened.

Never saw that one. What does it do? :)

go to a textport window type 'help exls'

Lists the current expression functions

but i have yet to get it to return anything... nothing shows how it's used so i'm not sure what it's looking for or what exactly it returns...

Anyone know?

Also just fyi; if, while in a textport you type

help -k somestring

or

exhelp -k somestring

you will get a list of all the expressions that contain somestring in the help file. I found exls by typing help -k expression

Thanks Edward, I tried it, #2 works but I couldn't see a difference when I did #1. Is it the first option in the dependency tab? I would appreciate a screenshot to see how it looks with the options. I had attributes where I used them in a Point OP but when I turned on this option, nothing happened.

I think I misread what you were looking for. If you just want to see expressions that are not references, then perhaps the Parameter Spreadsheet pane?