Problems with Houdini 6.1.149, shutting down ...

brain

Hey brain,

Did this happen before you installed the new Nvidia drivers? Also, can you rename the houdini6.1 directory to another name then try it again?

Maybe I'll download the latest Nvidia drivers to test since I have the same graphics card as you though I'm using Win2k.

Cheers!

steven

It is not when I load a *.hip file. It crashes if I try to add a Shop Manager in the geometry network and then add a Vex Super Material. Hope you understand what I mean. It crashes when I add the Material to the Shop manager in my network. Without any error message or so.

Actually I've got the same problem on Win, when opening up Houdini, going into VEX laying down a operator and stepping into the network crashes Houdini. Happens with a new scene or a loaded file when the file is loaded from the menu with open command.

The way around this, or at least it works for me is to double click on a hip file and open Houdini with it or from Cygwin opening the file.

Don't know if this is of any help.