Quadro 600

Ankit Sinha

i bought Nvidia Quadro 600, but it seems my SMPS is not able to support my card in peek times. I want to know, if i am going to buy new SMPS, what all technical specification in SMPS should i look for? Can somebody please look in the specification of graphics card(link is given) and suggest me about SMPS.

Nvidia Quadro 600 specs

Edited by Ankit Sinha

Do you mean the power supply? Also do you mean the Quadro 600 or Quadro 6000? The Quadro 600 uses very little power in the big picture (40 watt TDP). Even a 300 watt power supply would be sufficient for a typical system with that graphics card. What computer do you have now? That will determine what power supplies you can install.

Do you mean the power supply? Also do you mean the Quadro 600 or Quadro 6000? The Quadro 600 uses very little power in the big picture (40 watt TDP). Even a 300 watt power supply would be sufficient for a typical system with that graphics card. What computer do you have now? That will determine what power supplies you can install.

The problem is my computer gets switch off whenever i render anything in houdini, I don't think its a heating problem because i am able to restart my computer soon it gets switch off, another thing it works perfectly well with other application, including houdini, if i don't render anything(like with simulation, animation, etc) even if i don't shutdown my system for days. So i suspect there is some peek power problem, which is required by my GPU, when i have to render anything. And yes i mean Quadro 600.

By 'render', do you mean using mantra to render a scene, or are you talking about OpenGL rendering in the viewport? The former might suggest a bad memory stick, while the latter may indicate a power problem like you suggest, or possibly a thermal issue. The easiest thing to do is inspect the Quadro's heatsink for dust and hair (vacuum it out if there is some buildup), then try swapping on the Quadro for another graphics card if you have one handy. For memory, there's a memtest86 program out there that can find bad DIMMs pretty quickly, though it requires a bit of swapping memory in & out to find the culprit.

Also, a driver bug can cause a system hang; what Nvidia driver version are you using?