FLIP fluids and curve field

blackchicken

Hello

I have problem with directing my flip fluids. I want to try push my flip fluids around curve but have some problems here. Particles dissapearing. I use popsolver and create inside source, attractor and drag. I try to simulate things in SOPs, theres no problem. But in dops seem that field is too large but if i decrease it to 0.01 things is even worse. Please could you look at my hip file? Thanks a lot BC.

test_flip_on_curve_01.hip

Perfect

thanks a lot, both works well. Im little bit comfused from VOPpop as volumetric field but need some time to understend. Thanks a lot Eetu, works great too.

i have some qausetions which I discover with FLIP fluids

1, If I change particle separation for final resolution, all fields has different impact on liquid, they are, much stronger. I read in help that I must use Ignore Mass. But gravity, custom fields doesnt have this checkbox. How do you solve this problem?

2, I simulate groving chocolate like groving stalk of grass and in bigger curvature of stalk, chocolate create little splash. It is simulation about only say 10000 particles I use noise in source for detail in the begining of simulation. It is pretty fast until splashes after few frames goes far from source, sim really slow down. Particle number is still same no fields (only grav ofcourse)but as far they are, simulation in slower and slower. I try some different test, just little splash on the floor, simulation pretty fast, say 100 000 part if i add for 5 frames animated magnet force which drag liquid form center and push it little up, same thing, when particle create splash and become far from surface, simulation terribly slow. Why? Is this limitation of FLIP fluids? Number of points is still same only area where particles are is say 2x bigger.

Thanks a lot.BC.

Or you can make it with sop solver. I think this way is better then pop solver.

About your second question... FLIP is a hybrid solver and use volumes for calculations. So if your simulation is pretty large in space then volumes is also big. You can see resolutions of volumes if click middle button on flipobject in dops.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini12.0/nodes/dop/flipsolver

FLIP in H12 is awesome! Work with memory is amazing compare to H11.

flip_spline_motion_test.hip

Edited by vi_rus

Hi,

Using pop solver or sop solver can be more flexible than this though,

You can use custom volume field as well. (same as using custom filed for smoke or pyro)

or it'll make sim slow but you can use gas field vop and point cloud look up from the curve to change force(attract) radius and amplitude, etc.

I hope this helps too!!

Cheers

test_flip_on_curve_volumevel.hipnc

• 3 months later...

Hello~

I followed up your method. It is cool

However, I want to use attractor node with this method.

Popsolver in Flip network doesn't work. Please check this scene. I want to particles stop at the tea pot.

Thank you^^ I use Houdini 12.

Fluid_Control.hip

Edited by zzangxx