Using SOP attributes in DOP

Hi all. I want to use costume point attributes to control forces in DOP. for example create a magnet force for a tube which has different point attributes for mass, so we can build something like first part of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvar00-zxFw

I found a tutorial about it, but it is for c4d.

any idea pleaseeeeeee

:(

or maybe it is impossible?????? :huh:

Guest mantragora

That's not a tutorial. Your link links to some advertising.

Anyway...

If you add attribute to your geometry (and it's with the same name like parameter you are aiming for to change), DOP should read it automatically.

Sooooo, what's the problem ?

That's not a tutorial. Your link links to some advertising.

Anyway...

If you add attribute to your geometry (and it's with the same name like parameter you are aiming for to change), DOP should read it automatically.

Sooooo, what's the problem ?

I created an attribute named "mass" but I saw no change in simulation :(

I created an attribute named "mass" but I saw no change in simulation :(

As the old man Galileo found out at a leaning tower - two objects of different masses will drop at the same speed.

So perhaps your setup is technically working, even if it does not do what you want? :)

• Like 1

As the old man Galileo found out at a leaning tower - two objects of different masses will drop at the same speed.

So perhaps your setup is technically working, even if it does not do what you want? :)

nope... When I change the mass of whole rigid body, it changes the simulation...

Have you ticked off the checkbox "compute mass" in you rbd node under the physical tab? And make sure if your using a rbd point object that "use point value" is chosen for the usemass attrib.

Also remember that if you have a animated attribute on points / geo that you make into rbd objects that they will only sample the attribute at their creation time =)

Have you ticked off the checkbox "compute mass" in you rbd node under the physical tab? And make sure if your using a rbd point object that "use point value" is chosen for the usemass attrib.

Also remember that if you have a animated attribute on points / geo that you make into rbd objects that they will only sample the attribute at their creation time =)

yes.............. :D the problem was low value for mass attribute. sry I am not professional Houdini user :lol: tnxx about all replies...