delete group by name and TYPE

michael

I have two groups...a point group called foo, and a prim group called foo...silly of me yes - but there it is...

anyway - I'd like to delete one of the 'foo' groups - but using the delete field on the group SOP will delete both groups...

I'd like to do this in SOPs but hscript would be OK also...

thanks

take the moment to change the pt group name of foo to stupidPt, in the fields about the delete group option. You would then be able to delete foo and have the point and prim groups named foo deleted.

I think you should be able to do that in one SOP.... maybe, maybe not.

if you are dealing with locked geometry you could write out the model in question as a geo file and then just use your favorite text editor and mess around with the grouping definition.

hscript. well just walk thru the steps of adding a groupSOP, and setting the parameters up. that should work as well. Do you have to process a lot of geo files?

-k

silly kenny...

the groups are being made on the fly - it's an OTL I've been making to mirror groups - and during the process a point (or prim) group is made, then converted ...I guess I just have to think more carefully about the order that I'm doing things in - and maybe use a few more SOPs to get things done....