SOP Solver Question

Good afternoon everybody!

I have a question about the sop solver.

I have a deforming fractured geo, I want to add color attribute on every frame with sop solver and use that attribute in a timeshift sop. So when CR=1, it will keep deforming (since the value 1 should be added on every frame) until CR=0, then specific pieces will freeze on specific frames.

I have an example file that explains everything better, but I can't get sop solver to add value 1 on every frame.

Please let me know if there is an easier way to achieve this.

Thank you!

freeze_deform.rar

I have an example file that explains everything better, but I can't get sop solver to add value 1 on every frame.

Please let me know if there is an easier way to achieve this.

Thank you!

Well it accually does. The problem is that you reset the attribute(freeze) to zero first thing in the solver every timestep.

Disable the attribCreate node inside the solver sop and I think you got what you want.

Edit.

I also did a fast rebuild of your file.

1 Added a test in the solver, if a point ever was black then keep it so you dont have to rely on that attribute transfer covers all static pieces.

2. Did the switch static-deforming in the solver-sop.

freeze_Deform_fix.hipnc

Edited by mawi

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response to my post.

Well it accually does. The problem is that you reset the attribute(freeze) to zero first thing in the solver every timestep.

I just tried again with your file. I have a vopsop inside sop solver but it won't calculate on every frame.

It appears on the spreadsheet as per normal, showing 1 when it's red, 0 when it's black, but I want it to do the calculation.

I can't even get it to add a constant of 1 on every frame.

Could you also please show me what am I missing?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response to my post.

I just tried again with your file. I have a vopsop inside sop solver but it won't calculate on every frame.

It appears on the spreadsheet as per normal, showing 1 when it's red, 0 when it's black, but I want it to do the calculation.

I can't even get it to add a constant of 1 on every frame.

Could you also please show me what am I missing?

The value for your red in the red channel is 1, and the color for your black in the red channel is 0. You are multiplying those together, and 1*0=0 every time. If you instead put something like 0.9 in the red channel for your black, it will slowly fade to 0. I don't know if this is what you asked for, but anyway :).

Also, the node is called "Solver", often referred to as the Solver SOP, since it is a SOP node. The "SOP Solver" is something else used in DOPS, just so you don't go mixing them together and get confused later on.

Edited by Skybar

What I want is to add red 1 to nothing, in vopsop, inside solver. On frame 1 it should be 1, on frame 2 it should be 1(current frame) + 1(previous frame), hence 2, 3 on frame 3.. etc. until it turns black then it will stop adding.

I was able to get this to work some time ago, it should be really simple and straight forward, but I'm not sure what is missing now.

What I want is to add red 1 to nothing, in vopsop, inside solver. On frame 1 it should be 1, on frame 2 it should be 1(current frame) + 1(previous frame), hence 2, 3 on frame 3.. etc. until it turns black then it will stop adding.

I was able to get this to work some time ago, it should be really simple and straight forward, but I'm not sure what is missing now.

As I said. The file you posted in post 1 does this with the freeze attribute if you just disable the attribute create SOP inside the solver SOP. (Dont forget to jump out from the solver before running it.)

The solver SOP is a dopnet with a SOP solver wraped as a HDA.

It's finally working now, not sure if it was a bug or something.

I deleted the attribute create sop, it didn't work the first time. So I used another attribute create outside the solver, it worked, then I deleted it and the calculation is still working.

Thanks to you Martin and David for your help!