houdini1987

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 pm Post subject: fire ember particles icon_quote.gif icon_edit.gif icon_delete.gif Hi,

I am trying to create fire embers similar to this picture.

I created the random flying particles through popnet. I dont know how to get the glowing embers on the particles.

Thanks in advance

post-10148-0-51730000-1375297395_thumb.j

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 pm Post subject: fire ember particles icon_quote.gif icon_edit.gif icon_delete.gif Hi,

I am trying to create fire embers similar to this picture.

I created the random flying particles through popnet. I dont know how to get the glowing embers on the particles.

Thanks in advance

I don't have an answer for you, but lol. Copy pasting taken to a whole new level!

If you want good embers, you copy flakes onto the particles. -- You design a flake by making a tiny low resolution grid with some noise. -- this setup is more for close-mid ground. For background use pure particles.

You can use instancing if you want. You can control their rotation with an orient quaternion. You add a shader to light up the edges or the inside, you can give them superbright (higher than 1) values so they don't fade when blurred.

Curl noise is your friend, as well as adding a bit of noise (small amplitude) per particle (offset by ID).

If you want good sparks (which look like curved motion trails), you should turn your particles into short nurbs curves and carve them & shade them along the uv.

• Like 7

If you want good embers, you copy flakes onto the particles. -- You design a flake by making a tiny low resolution grid with some noise. -- this setup is more for close-mid ground. For background use pure particles.

You can use instancing if you want. You can control their rotation with an orient quaternion. You add a shader to light up the edges or the inside, you can give them superbright (higher than 1) values so they don't fade when blurred.

Curl noise is your friend, as well as adding a bit of noise (small amplitude) per particle (offset by ID).

If you want good sparks (which look like curved motion trails), you should turn your particles into short nurbs curves and carve them & shade them along the uv.

Thanks Peter,

A simple scene file will be of great help. My shader knowledge is very limited as i am new to it. I tried putting constant shader on particles as there will be lot of motion blur and details wont be visible. But i think i am not getting the satisfactory result.