Forgetting OPs.

Wolfwood

Quick question for yall.

I had a ton of curves that I wanted to make a surface out of. I knew I could do it I just couldn't remember the name of the SOP that did it. So I proceeded to look for 15 minutes until I finally found the Skin SOP. The thing is....this ALWAYS happens, I always forget the name of the Skin SOP.

It generally goes something like this.... (once a month on average)

Is it the sweep....nope....

er.... loft?   nope no loft sop

not the extrude.... hmmm....what the....nope.....

I know it starts with a "S"...... let me try sweep again....no..still doesn't work....

Stitch?....nope...

SKIN!!!! SKIN SOP!

Anyway.... do you guys/gal have op that you always forget the name to?

I forget about the skin sop as well but i'm new :P

I was trying to loft some curves and was getting fustrated because there is no "loft" SOP. After about 20-30 min of trying many SOPs, skin was the one.

It would be great once we can search the online docs and type in a keyword for lofting surfaces. Then we won't need to remember the sop name only the description.

AddAttibute VOP. Every once in a while I try to do a Geometry VOP and I'm like "OK, wtf is the name of that VOP to bring in an attribute?" I keep wanting to use the Parameter VOP. Someone at work actually reported it as a bug to SESI because I told him I couldn't find the "Import Attribute VOP" and he thought maybe it had not made it into the update. Even now I had to actually go into VOPs to find the correct OP name for this post.

Yeah I always confuse the transform SOP. It's listed as transform in the lister, but gets plopped down as xform... So whenever I'm not thinking straight I start in the 'x' section and get totally lost from there.

Marc

:rolleyes: