Siggraph Papers and Shader Ideas

Hello,

I've been noticing on various forums and mailing lists that people are referring to various Siggraph Papers in PDF format. Is there a central location where I can find these papers for free?

I guess these papers are a starting ground for reference for shader ideas and surface operators.

I did find some Siggraph pdfs on renderman.org but the Siggraph 91 papers are missing and the Siggraph 92 papers listed there suggests that we should read ("The Renderman Interface and Shading Language" Siggraph 91 Course #21 Course Notes.) It would be great if I could track this and other material down.

I appreciate any informations that you can provide.

Thank you very much,

Perry

Thanks guys,

I already have the advanced renderman book and the pdfs from renderman.org. I was just under the impression that there was a central location for all siggraph papers that I could download for free.

That link FrankFirsching provided should keep me busy for a while since I was looking for both shading related and general 3d papers.

Thanks again,

Perry

While you can get the proceedings fairly easily from the digital library/portal/etc its a bit more difficult to get the course notes though. All the modern renderman ones are provided online but a lot of the other ones are a bit harder to track down.

Papers = proceedings = all the new techniques and cool stuff.

Courses = classes = half or full day lectures on some topic. Generally this material is harder to find....but some nice chaps like to provide them to the public for free. (Like the RenderMan course notes.)

I had a point...but I forgot.