bottle vacuum simulation

Hello guys!

I´m making a scene with a open bottle, falling, but when i simulate, the liquid inside goes up, and exits the bottle from up...

i believe this is happening because there is no "vacuum" between bottle and liquid...

there is some approach to correct simulate a open bottle dropping quickly and looks like real thing? (Liquid follow bottle because vacuum)

thanks.

attached a image of liquid...

post-3375-0-54319000-1399916430_thumb.jp

the vacuum between bottle and liquid....

because, in real world, when you drop a open bottle with liquid, the liquid tends to follow bottle because of internal pressure (vacuum).

this effect occur on bottom of bottle because is "sealed".

this is the perfect example of what i want to achieve...

yes.. the liquid is not forming a "empty space" on bottom, because there is "sealed".

Edited by Malcolm Zaloon

Looks just like gravity to me, not vacuum or pressure.

As for replicating that video though, you could try to sim to bottle first. Then sim the flip and copy the vel from the bottle to the particles. That should make it go downwards together like that.

Or you could as well just fill the bottle up and put an invisible lid on it. Its CG, its okay to cheat.

the vacuum between bottle and liquid....

because, in real world, when you drop a open bottle with liquid, the liquid tends to follow bottle because of internal pressure (vacuum).

Yes this "virtual vacuum suction" would be the case if you are trying to move the bottle faster than freefall acceleration. If you just let gravity do its thing, it should affect both bottle and fluid the same, right?

Yes this "virtual vacuum suction" would be the case if you are trying to move the bottle faster than freefall acceleration. If you just let gravity do its thing, it should affect both bottle and fluid the same, right?

yeah, this is the idea.. faster than freefall, but even this, in real thing the liquid go with bottle at low speeds, like a hand pulling bottle against a table. :)

It's not so much vacuum but the air pressure above the fluid.

One approach is to fill the entire bottle with particles. The water particles have a density of 1000 and the air particles have far less density, try values of 1 to 10.

You can use two particle emitters on the first frame and use the density settings on the Fluid Source SOPs to set this up.