Explosion wont stop emitting

jwhit6142004

check a few things. in your fuel source, if you clicked the out of the box explosion in houdini, is animated. shift click the scale source volumes i htink it is and animate it as you wish. also in your pyro solver the gas released is animated as well. try using both attributes together to get the look and if you animate them to zero it should be fine. sorry i cant work on your file my houdini isnt open at the moment. last thing you can do it animate the fuel attribute under the create fuel volume in the sop of the emitter.

let me know if this works,

Mike

Decrease or even set the "Fuel Inefficiency" to 0. You have it on 0.75 right now, which basically means that 75% of the fuel is kept and will keep burning. If you set it to 0, all fuel is "used up" when it has burned and there won't be anything left. At the same time you can also increase the "Burn Rate", which tells it how much fuel to burn per second. So if you have 0.9, you will still have 10% fuel left after one second.

If you only want that initial explosion and no "afterburning" at all, a Burn Rate of 1 and Fuel Inefficiency of 0 will use all the fuel at once, for example.

• Like 3