pyro to geometry tricks

exel

I was doing some Pyro stuff and got majorly sidetracked, this is what came out:

I'm bummed the compression is so bad, I tried a lot of things and just couldn't get it looking good in Vimeo, the original renders look so much prettier.

Edited by exel
  • Like 1

I'm bummed the compression is so bad, I tried a lot of things and just couldn't get it looking good in Vimeo, the original renders look so much prettier.

Yeah, I hate video encoding as well. It *always* takes me hours (if not days) before I find the right settings every time. Do the encoded videos look better prior to uploading? If so, what is your original resolution? It sounds like vimeo won't provided an "HD" version unless it's over 720x720 pixels. I wonder if just upscaling the images before encoding makes any difference. There's some guidelines in vimeo here: http://vimeo.com help/compression

Yeah, I hate video encoding as well. It *always* takes me hours (if not days) before I find the right settings every time. Do the encoded videos look better prior to uploading? If so, what is your original resolution? It sounds like vimeo won't provided an "HD" version unless it's over 720x720 pixels. I wonder if just upscaling the images before encoding makes any difference. There's some guidelines in vimeo here: http://vimeo.com help/compression

Thanks Ed,  yeah it's hit or miss for me.  The original renders are 1280x720, but they have a little noise in them from the environment light and PBR render, maybe it's causing some kind of interference.

volgeo_style9.0085.jpg

volgeo_style2.0108.jpg

try running them through a denoiser, like Neat Noise, before uploading. It's cool trick for quick-clean renders too   ;)

That noise should be using up all the compression.

Edit: added a Neat version of your Jpeg'd frame. Compression a non-Jpeg would be better too.

post-8321-0-45924400-1401168437_thumb.pn

Edited by tar

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...