Flip spray detail

blackchicken

Hello, Im working on my flip workflow and I have problem with spray layer. Bubles and foam is ok but I have "cubic" spray results. I play with settings for source whitewater to add more pops as source, but in whitewater solver theres not so much settings for spray look. I really like spray simulation like naiad has, but I saw a lot of good sim in houdini too. Any idea? Thanks a lot. 

post-4005-0-95910700-1406191894_thumb.jp

That cubic thing looks like Point Replicate or whatever it's called, creating a cube of particles around the source point. There are settings to tweak that. I haven't used the whitewater tools in a long while now though so I wouldn't know where.

Ouu thanks a lot. In whitewater emitter, theres in Shape tab , Vel Stretch, Vel Offset, and important attribute Uniform scale. It helps a lot but particles still hold uniform shape. Noise tab help little bit but Im still not happy. My idea is that particles should breakup from wind, be more "live" as naiad has. Any idea?

post-4005-0-92977000-1406195833_thumb.jp

• Like 1

start_rant/ I see this so often in Houdini. Powerful tools lacking production ready presets. Ugh. Why no library of presets?! Yes, there's some demo scenes in the manual. But there's no list of per-node presets. Except in the Point wrangle node there's some awesome presets. Let's have that for everything else please. /end_rant.