Copying muiltible objects onto particles

thesoloman

Hey guys. Super basic question. I want to have for example a box, sphere, and other objects all be copied onto particles so i can use them as RDBs. how do i copy more then 1 objection onto the particles?

Thanks, sorry for asking such a basic question I looked online for a while and I couldn't find anything. probably because I wasn't sure what to search.

do you mean that you want the particles to copy randomly either a box/sphere/tube to each particle or do you want them overlapping?

how are you going to be using this? what's the result you want?

can you post a hip file with how far you got?

Edited by kleer001

Hi Darren. I just finally got to use this file more and i noticed once I go out of the autodop network all the objects except one of each unique primitive disappears. Do you or anyone else know how I can get them not to disappears when i leave the autodop network? or is there a way to write out the geo from the autodop network?

thanks

Create a new dop network inside the sphere geo node, copy-paste all the nodes from the autodop network into the new one then hook it up to a file sop and do whatever you want :)

Another option is to switch the import style on the dopimport node to Fetch Geometry. Tick Off Use Single Object and tick On Use Object IDs for Primitive Group Names.