coloured water texture

Juraj

Hello,

I'm working on a student project and I'd like to acheive effect that can be seen in attachments. I want to have water surface with subtle motion and with colour streams in it.

But I don't know where to start and what approach would be the best.

I had seen something that maybe would help but I don't know how to implement it.

Another interesting video: 

- Question: Is there a way to create 2D fluids like in that video and use them as texture on ocean surface?

Any ideas?

post-11577-0-04639000-1415786002_thumb.j

post-11577-0-28313900-1415786003_thumb.j

post-11577-0-11632200-1415786004_thumb.j

Looks like you'd achieve something like that by emitting colour into your sim (just Cd on your source points) that has a noise running through it and changing over time, that will get colour streaking through the sim naturally. Then having uv coordinates would help to add some variance. Looks like they've just captured a uv map of the last frame and attributeCopied onto the points. Then pulled that into the meshing. But you could also create uvs on the source and advect them through the fluid, but more complicated but I think there's a few threads around about how to achieve that.

• 4 weeks later...