to create a line from random object?

jingaa

Hello everybody, i hope everything is great! So, i was plannig to make something then i needed something like this...

Is that possible to creat a curve from deformed object? For example, i created a tube and painted it then deleted the rest but problem is i need a line/curve from my last delete sop... i put here and example about that.... 

Thanx.

mesh_to_line.hip

i tried to calcualte max and min height and creat a line from that but this is the result that i dont want :( when you look from the top line crossing inside the geomerty... actually i need something like raysop effect you know what i am saying... but i really couldnt figured out what i supposed to do... 

thanx for help.... peace!

mesh_to_line_v1.hip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I think there is no simple solution to this problem. Any ideas I have will only get you to a certain point with a draft quality and many errors. What I would try first is to process it through straight skeleton algorithm. You can find a fairly good starting point in this post. Hope it help and good luck)