Problem creating bubbles in a splashTank

felo44

Hi, 

I kind of new into Houdini, I been study by my own for almost one year ... 

The problem that I'm facing right now is that I can not make the bubbles to work into a splash tank (I need it in a splash tank due that is part of a scene that is using splash Tank), I creating a variable for the density and transfer that value with some particles. the setup works fine with a FlipTank but once I tried with the splash tank it stop working, I have also try RBD collision but it didn't work as expected. 

I'll really appreciate any help that you can give or if you have a better way to approach in how to make bubble in the splash tank I'll be more than happy to hear it.

Thanks.

Carlos

Edited by felo44

I had tried all different methods (really frustrated :wacko: ) but it seems that you can't do bubbles into a splashTank. So now what I would like to ask for is if someone has already done something like bubbles or something like some kind of turbulence within a specific part of the splashTank, that could give me a hint or clue on how can I approach to this problem I will really appreciated.

Thanks  

Remember, you are just tricking people into believing what you want them to. With that in mind, situations like yours requires a slight of hand to reach the end result. Simply make a FLIP tank, which does support bubbles via whitewater, and render out bubbles from that simulation. Then, in your compositor, mix the two fluids together. No one will really care if it is flip or splash in the end. Use the same material for rendering both.

Think in terms of footage, not simulations.

Edited by Atom

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your answer Atom, I was able to make it work ...  I had to do a bit of research of how those flip tanks work so then I can modified to make it work as I want it ... so what I finally did was to make a POP with some spheres, then attached to them a density attribute, then I modify the tank on the "wavetank" node and the nodes that received that information on the simulation (speed and boundary informaion) this allowed the tank to update every frame, therefor it can see the particles and the change on the density. Hope this post help someone else who may have the same issue.

Thanks.