incorrect particle motion blur

br1

Hi,

I can't seem to get correct motion blur with this file.

It either goes completely crazy when I render straight from the sim, or I don't have motion blur at all when rendering using disk cache.

I'm using 14.0.258 on windows.  Can someone double check that it actually works.  I've tried plenty of different settings in the camera and the mantra geo samples, I don't remember having that kind of issue before.

pop_bubbles_br1.hip

@David : Tried that before posting, it's not doing anything in this case.

@Cody : tried that as well, with no luck.

I wonder if it's a bug or if there's something wrong in my scene.  Never had that kind of issue ...

You nailed it David.

So it was a combination of both settings.  I played around with camera shutter and left it low, but also tried really high values.  I actually needed both higher shutter and compute velocity on the object node.

I'm still disturbed by the fact that while using the particles straight from the sim, without disk cache, it was doing the motion blur, although not correctly.  Just by creating a disk cache and using it, I completely lost motion blur until I toggled compute velocity back on.

I'm surprised because I don't remember ever needing to toggle compute velocity to render motion blurred particles.

Thanks for the help ! (never thought it'd be resolved that fast).

Edited by br1