Rendering sequence of IFD's

I was wondering, Jason already helped me with another issue though, how would one render a sequence of IFD's?

The filenames are foo.$F4.ifd, so it's foo.0001.ifd, foo.0002.ifd, foo.0003.ifd (etc.). How could I render all of them, say, from csh/tcsh? The $F4 variable is, of course, no option. When it comes to shell-scripting I'm not really experienced (yet).

Thanks in advance!

Never done his, but I guess you need to write a shell script with a for loop, where start/end points and increment get set according to the arguments you supply when you run the script. There is some info in the help browser under Home > Outputs > Useful Rendering Info > Rendering Scripts

Then inside the loop you would need to modify the value of the counter by prepending enough zeros so it fits the format of your ifd filename.

Hope this gets you started

Achim

hscript myfile.hip
opcf /out
render mantra1

(assuming that your hip file is set up with the mantra1 rop and has the Generate Script option turned on and the script file is set up correctly with $F4 in the file name.

14418[/snapback]

I already figured that one, but how do I render the generated IFD's via the commandline? That was my question.

Don't forget - have have to pipe the IFD in to mantra, or use the -f argument. i.e.

mantra < scene.ifd
mantra -f scene.ifd

..not...

mantra scene.ifd

...this form will overwrite your IFDs because an optionless argument to mantra is really telling mantra you want to specify a new ouput image name.