crown splash

cgvirus

Hi guys, I know it can be done. I am too close to it, but the only problem is I can't figure out how to create the normals directed along with the surface tangent. I have used polyframe sop too. But its giving the cross pattern which is giving vel a circular motion. How can I face the normal towards the surface exactly...

Edited by cgvirus

I am not sure what exactly you want to do with normals and polyframe, but I beilive the answer is to computer normals on your surface with a facet and inside a attribute wrangle just use the double cross product:

vector direction = {0,1,0};
@N = cross(cross(@N,direction),@N);

This will give you normals towards the direction you want but along the surface.

• Like 1

I am not sure what exactly you want to do with normals and polyframe, but I beilive the answer is to computer normals on your surface with a facet and inside a attribute wrangle just use the double cross product:

vector direction = {0,1,0};
@N = cross(cross(@N,direction),@N);

This will give you normals towards the direction you want but along the surface.

If I would in your place, I would certainly share a beer with you right now! It's awesome! You probably can't imagine what you have done for me! Thanks a lot! It's working now. And it's working beautifully. I just now need to tweak some parameters. I will update the forum after finishing it. One more thing if you can give me, How to do this vex within a attribute vop? I had connected this double cross product within p and n, the result is kind of same but only the down edge is getting some error...BTW I am very new in VEX and know very little....Thanks for your awesome help!! :D :D :D

I guess you can change they way you feed your simulation the crown vel volume for more control.

So, instead of using source volume and Blend Average you can use POP Advect by Volumes where you use crown volume as force and you can control its infulence over the rest forces (gravity,etc) without scaling up the speed.

The infulence is controled by Air Resistance. Keep Treat As Wind enabled.

• Like 1

I guess you can change they way you feed your simulation the crown vel volume for more control.

So, instead of using source volume and Blend Average you can use POP Advect by Volumes where you use crown volume as force and you can control its infulence over the rest forces (gravity,etc) without scaling up the speed.

The infulence is controled by Air Resistance. Keep Treat As Wind enabled.

My Salute to you! You have solved all my 3 weeks problem in 10 minutes!...Thanks a ton!  :wub: